NOTE: Before you begin reading this blog please note that I am aware that Tie-Dye is spelled d-y-e and not DIE, but this is significant to the blog so please read to the end.
Over my four years of working at the library I have encountered many library families with very strange, but cool obsessions. A very important one to mention is the family in which all of the members looked alike. I guess this would be okay if... Let's say the father was Brad Pitt, but no. Plus, what daughter wants to look like their father anyway?
Well, this particular family all looked like their father a short, stout, really tan (more than average Latin American tan), curly short hair, I would say this man was a combination between George Lopez and Shirley Temple. Cute, no? NO! Although this is all really insulting it really has nothing to do with the story (just me being a jerk). The important part about this family of look-a-likes is that they were OBSESSED with Tie-Dye stuff. They ordered all the tie-die books the library owned, wore tie-dye everyday, and talked about all their tie-dye projects they enjoyed doing. TIE DYE TIE DYE TIE DYE!
We always talked about tie-dye and although I can't say that I hate tie-dye I also don't ever wear it or think it is the most attractive type of apparel, unless of course you are a big big hippie or clown. Throughout our conversations about the cool new tie-dye bags, new shirts, tie-dye pants, and amazing tie-dye projects his kids were completing I always managed to appear interested. Until, the one day where he ask, "Te gusta tie-dye?" Freaking out about the question because I thought if I said "yes!" it would lead to more conversations about the types of tie-dye I liked, my first tie-dye shirt, tie-dye candy, or even worst would result in a tie-dye jump suit as a gift in the future, I responded " no." Just a simple "no" what harm could that do? right?
Well, harm it DID do! He immediately stopped talking to me about tie-dye, never mentioned tie-dye ever again and I never see them come to the library again. Then end... They hate me now because I don't like TIE-DYE! Thus, the title of the blog is now explained, this was a total Tie-DIE moment for me because it was the Tie-Death of my tie-dye ness.
carlos. this is also the death of our friendship. don't you know i'm from colorado so that means i'm a total tie-dye hippie???
ReplyDeletehahahah. carlos how could you? you should have been like, "yes, but in moderation."
ReplyDelete