Friday, February 6, 2009

Diego the Clown

"Would you like to work at the library?" Ask my librarian friend when I was 16. "Hmmm," I thought to myself, "I do love books and libraries and I need a job, OKAY!" And so the adventure began in 2005 and I haven't left since. The other day while talking to my manager she had a great idea, to start writing down all my wonderful adventures. So here is goes.

Clowns, scary right? Well, not for my little 5 year-old-friends Diego that always comes into the libray with his two older brothers. There is Enrique who is probably the most annoying of the three (I think its because he is the middle child) and Juan who is the older brother that is always doing homework. Diego is probably one of the cutest little hispanic kiddos you may meet. Now will follow a conversion with Diego that will explain the title of this blog:

C: Hey Diego, did you have a good day at school
D: No, I don't like going to school, but sometimes Ms Moore lets us listen to soulja boy. Carlos!
C: Yes Diego?
D: I got a cool new pool this weekend
C: Awesome. did you swim in it all weekend and jump in it.
D: No, silly it is kinda small but I did see a clown in the pool
C: (these are internal thoughts) Holy Mole, why is this kid not freaking out about this right now! If I was a 5 year-old and saw a clown I would be scared for life. "Thats cool, what did the clown do?"
D: Nothing I just saw him once and then I didn't see him.
At this point of the story it is Diego's turn to use the library computer and the conversation ends. Then I turn to Jesse (Co-Worker) and tell him the story. We laugh the rest of our lives about it and then change Diego's patron record to "Diego the Clown."

1 comment:

  1. CARLOS.
    i am officially addicted to your blog. please right more! you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete