Just sitting at the desk minding my own business when a lady comes up. The first thing I notice is the pierced tongue and attitude.
Lady: Hi, I'm looking for a book that I didn't find in your database. I think it is rather new.
Me: Okay, what are you looking for? Do you know the title?
Lady: Yes, its rather new though... (LONG PAUSE... LOOKS AT THE GROUND...) "Oral Sex is the new goodnight kiss."
Me: (Trying my hardest to keep my cool and not burst out laughing) Let me check the catalog. Nope, doesn't look like we have it.
Lady: At any of the libraries?
Me: No (NO LADY WE AINT A PORN SHOP!)
Lady: Do you think you guys will get it soon?
Me: (SERIOUSLY!) You might check back with us in about a month and see if its on order...
She walks away. I giggle silently to myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment