So... I have run into many wonderful young ladies at the library that could possibly be great candidates for the always delightful title: BITCH! But this blog definitely involves a SUPER bitch! Here is goes:
7:55pm, just FIVE! minutes! before! the! library! closes! (exclamation points may be abused in this blog)! There is a lady in the back just browsing the shelves like she has no worry in the world (this would be when I label her as just bitch), even though I gave an announcement like 20 seconds ago that went something like this:
"Ladies and Gentlemen, The Library will be closing in about 5 minutes. If you will please wrap-up your work on the computers and IF YOU HAVE ANY ITEMS TO CHECK OUT PLEASE BRING! THEM! UP! TO! THE! DESK! NOW!!!."
She looks at me nonchalantly and then turns back around to look for more books. At this point you may be thinking, geez seƱor settle down, maybe she just came in last minute and decided to browse the shelves really quickly. Trust me, if that were the case, this posting wouldn't exist. She had been browsing the shelves for about 40 minutes already and our collection isn't that big!.
8:00pm, I make the final announcement that we are now closed and to bring your items up to the desk. Everyone leave the library except one patron (guess who?)! I turn off the light in the back. the lights just went off, hmmm. What does that mean? Time to go, surely not. I guess I will just browse the shelves in the dark...
8:02pm!!!! Shit lady we are CLOSED. These of course aren't the words that come out of my mouth when I go back to the stacks and let her know that we are CLOSED and that if she wants to check out a book she needs to do it now. I stand there until she proceeds to walk towards the circulation desk. I follow...
8:05pm, FINALLY! I'm checking out her books as fast as possible cause I wanna go home. This SUPER BITCH, decides that I should be super friendly to her when she begins to ask me reference question such as: I need to look up an article, where should I go. TO HELL, I mean no ma'am you can just use our databases, here is a list. Your books are due back in two week, please never come back to the library, EVER.
8:09pm, Steps out to the lobby. I check the bathrooms to make sure no one is there. Guess who is still in the lobby, yup SUPER BITCH! I give her a second before I tell her, AGAIN! "Ma'am, I'm sorry but we are closed. "Yes, I know (roll of the eyes) but I just need to write down this number... (My head is about to explode!)
8:12pm. She finally walks out the door and leaves? Yea right, nope! She holds the door open as she reads the four event signs posted on the door.
8:14pm -- SHE'S GONE! I whisper to my co-worker, What a bitch, we laugh...
scene...
No comments:
Post a Comment