Did you know that you can use a computer at the Library for free? Well, apparently the news has gotten out and we have all sort of patrons coming in to use the computer. The problem comes with sounds effects and crazy music that they love to listen to while in the Library!
I dunno about you, but usually when I came to the Library as a young child it was for research, reading, or to do something in a quiet space. Not that I don't like modern technology, but it sure has put a spin in the world of the Library. Where as before we had to shhhhhsh kids for stomping or talking too loud... Now we encounter other problems:
-- Most recent and memorable are small kids (BOYS!) listening to totally un appropiate songs REALLY LOUD that they create a concert for everyone in the Library.
Exhibit one - Boy around 10-years-old listening to music with headphone on. PA-PA-PA-POKER FACE PA-PA-POKERFACE. I dunno if this kid wanted to Hold'em like they do in texas, but I could totally read his POKERFACE!.
Exhibit two - Boy around 10-years-old listening to music with headphones on (sounds familiar?). BLAH-BLAH-BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First I thought he might be doing the old cover-your-ears and say blah blah blah while ignoring your annoying friends, but NO! He was instead listening to that wonderful song by the talented Keisha... O wait, Kei$ha with a money sign instead of an 's.' $HEEEEEEEEE$H!
--Person walking in to the Library on their cell phone! Not only is this a universal DUH rule for everything that knows anything about Libraries, but it is RUDE! The worst is when they walk in an say to their rude friend on the line - "Hold on I'm walking in to the LIBRARY" (KEYWORD LIBRARY YOU FOOL!)
No comments:
Post a Comment